Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I don't generally care much for sports, traditions or superstitions, but this I like.

Three more things I like today:

Voter turnout in my sort of middle-class-bohemian-pseudo-intellectual neighborhood was intense this morining. (Obviously, this is John Kerry's base.) It normally takes me about twenty minutes to vote. Mrs. Doyle and I spent over two hours in line today. This good.

I did some unscientific exit polling around my office (a place that sometimes makes Office Space look like a nutty time at Chuck E. Cheese's.) The general feeling seems to be, "the country is much worse off than it was four years ago. It needs to be fixed. (read: Bush blew his chance. I'm voting for Kerry.)" This sentiment is coming mainly from independents and registered republicans. Good.

The unofficial office polling also projects a resounding NO vote on Proposal 2 in Michigan - again, mostly talking to white suburban males I might expect different from. This is really good news.

No comments: