Friday, August 29, 2003

The Lightning Bolt/Wolf Eyes show at the Knitting Factory NY Saturday night is sold out, but you can still go hear Dan Selzer do his thing downstairs at midnight. Here's what Dan says:

I'm djing saturday at the knitting factory, around midnight, in the tap bar for free. [bla bla bla] ...so what's gonna happen is tons and tons of people are going to come see Lightning Bolt and Wolf Eyes, who are both very intense and exciting, sort of, actually, I can only take a couple of minutes then I'm like, "I gotta sit down, why's it so loud?" of music like this. Then after the show, people are gonna think, should I go downstairs and dance to early 80s electro-funk and italo-disco and other fun trendy genres, played with skill, verve, and gusto? Or should I go home. Then they will go home. But forget about them! What about you? You want to come to the knitting factory to hang out in the tap bar and listen to my records. [bla bla bla] ...look, it's been a really long month, and it's only the 28th, so don't start with me.

But if you ARE going to that show, it's be stupid not to come downstairs and say hello and maybe breakdance for a little bit, it'll be refreshing after all that #()*&#(*^# music.

No comments: