Friday, March 19, 2004

Head is finally clearing from weekend spent in Berlin. Can't report much since a certain publication is paying me to report for them- but I can tell confirm that all new Minus records are the jam.

Unfortunately- the travelocity caused me to miss Dani Siciliano last night. But don't sleep on her album. It sounds obvious, but a slightly more girlie Herbert record sums it up nicely.

Definately heading out tonight to hit the Rephlex Records show at Echo, and also Luomo at Lightspace. To bad both of these shows represent the end of both tours, so recommendations to more Eastern time zones seem pointless. Still. I'm certain all my friends to the right have already sorted it out.

I can hype Blonde Redhead, who are just starting their tour- and releasing their first album for 4AD (finally, something new and good on 4AD). The twins might be getting grey - which should make us all feel old - but BR sounds as beguiling as ever.

And as long as I'm hyping (and typing), I might as well give the hard sell on the new issues of URB, if only because I'm particularly proud of them. Issue 115 is on the street for another week and features a wicked 'Producer Special' with Todd Osborn (sorry about the misspelled name Todd!!!), David Sitek and Ellen Allien. Issue 116 come out next week- with the best friggen band on the planet, TV on the Radio on the cover, plus our Next 100 list (Red Antenna whut!!!) And look out come Movement weekend for issue 118 and the ultimate in Berlinian techno madness. Not half as good as being there, but gonna get as close as I can.

/end of pitch- back to your regular scheduled noodlings/

No comments: