Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Hey Guys.

Normally I don't like to air political views on Burnlab, but this extends beyond that. This year I've had the privlidge of working with a non profit, non partisan organization to establish a voter registration drive on the grounds of this year's Movement festival. There has been an overwhelming amount of support thus far from the electronic music community, but as it stands right now we are in dire need of volunteers to help work the booth.

I'm proud to be a part of this, and I think it's the best gift that I could give back to a community that has given me so very much over the years.

This is a chance for you to make it personal, and make it count. I'm sending out a request to all of my friends, all of you who read this site on a daily basis, to help volunteer.

Please email me, should you be interested in helping out. I can't offer you anything but my gratitude this time around, but I think this kind of stuff is its own reward. I strongly urge you to consider donating an hour of your time this year to a worthwhile cause. I know there are a few of you who read this that have already signed up, and for that you have my thanks and deep respect. But for those on the fence, please consider taking an hour of your time (especially if there's no one on stage and you're just sort of hanging around) and volunteer.

Thanks.

No comments: