Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Dorkwave.com receives a few updates, including some made up bios and tracklistings from myself and the brilliant Mr. Will Calcutt.

I've been kind of grumpy about the state of the Detroit scene lately, and am really missing New York for the first time since moving back. Part of that is Mrs. Doyle is out east having a great time, and I've been working long days in culturally retarded Auburn Hills and hearing a lot of same-old same-old techno stuff on the weekends. Okay, Hawtin a few weeks back was perhaps the best I'v ever seen him... brilliant... and Servito last week was incredible, but, other than that, hasn't been all that much to get fired up about. Bottom line: I need some inspiration. Very much looking forward to the Ghostly homecoming, the Curiosa Festival and to Gibby, Mark and Dave kicking some ass on August 13th. I know many of our readers don't know these guys, but believe me when I say they represent everything true and awesome about the post-electroclash electropunk scene in NYC. (No pressure guys, if you're reading this.) By the way, true die-hards Hong Kong Counterfeit will be special Guest DJ's at 976 tonight at Lit. One thing that's been inspiring is the new Matt Dear album, and I'm not just plugging it for all the obvious reasons! It's anything but same-old same-old, and really develops his distinctive microhouse/pop vocal crossover direction set with Leave Luck to Heaven. Definitely pick it up. *end rambling, contadictory early morning post*

No comments: