Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Evidence from the second edition of New York vs. Detroit is now up at Dorkwave.com

It's been a while since I've seen Lit that packed on a weeknight. Huge thanks to Gibby, Dave Elliott, Cowboy Mark and Lisa Hsu for having us out, and extra thanks to all the expats and dear friends who got 'lit' on a school night, danced like crazy people and took no notice that we were train-wrecking our favorite songs from the word 'go'. Lit remains my favorite bar in the whole world. I'm sure one (or five or six) of our other editors would be better suited to post about Saturday evening's Untitled NYC preview party. My head is still swimming. I will say Marc Houle's live set was incredible, and Servito and Plaslaiko played records like it was the last party on earth. Unfortantely the dancefloor was too small for Cowboy Mark and I to get a proper pit going during Alter Ego's Rocker. Too many Burnlabbers in one room is always trouble. Twice in a week is double trouble. Cheers!

No comments: