Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I feel like an 18 year old goth girl: this is my new favorite song. It's by an Austrian band called Collapsing New People I stumbled across on MySpace. According their bio, the band was formed at an Einsturzende Neubauten concert! You can't make this stuff up. It's by no means mind-blowingly innovative, but it is mind-blowingly good. I mean... it's good! I want to bring these kids to the States. I would have definitely hung out with them in high school... the "too smart to stay out of trouble" crew. (Oh, wait... that's what Dorkwave is! Except we're just old, bitter fuckers who know way too much and still have the same high school attitude...) Seriously though, I haven't been this floored by a song in two years, with the exceptions on Photographs by Soviet, and the Two Lone Swordsmen cover of the Gun Club's Sex Beat. That's saying a lot.

No comments: