Friday, August 30, 2002

After much delay, the Purgatory Department is back online [see left]. I ditched the notion of re-designing the whole section because... well, that just wasn't going to happen in any reasonable timeframe, and the current architecture works pretty well. I will be going through and updating some files and adding new documentation of old projects. For example, I'm looking at two VHS tapes of "Hamletmachine" footage which needs to be transferred to digital video and edited. Some day soon.

I spent yesterday up at the MIT Media Lab with Jaron Rothkop talking to researchers about everything from mass customization and rapid manufacturing in architecture, to wireless switches and instruments for automobile interiors to stereo video. I hope to sort through all this info and document it as something concise for a more traditional medium - such as print.

No comments: