Monday, February 03, 2003

Moved into this warehouse loft on the Southside of Chicago about two weeks ago. For those who aren't familiar, the southside is like the most ghetto parts of Detroit, only with a lot more people walking about which makes it both more and less scary at the same time. As for the loft, 10,000 square feet of raw industrial inconvenience (gas leaks/bad wiring/no cable). Note the plastic hanging from the ceiling of my bedroom. Yes, it helps lock in the warmth from the two space heaters needed to keep my bed at a livable temperature. But- I wake up every morning screaming "Oh no, I'm still at the rave!!!"

Going to start exploring the cultural side of Chicago next weekend at the Illegal Art Exhibit with a special seminar featuring DJ Spooky and Mark Hosler of Negativand. That same weekend I'll get my first taste of a real underground Chicago throwdown with my absolute favorite jak- Traxx and uncle Gigolo- Tommie Sunshine. Hope its better than the insipid house music all the clubs are peddling around here.

BTW: I'm looking for employment at the moment- so anyone with friends, friends of friends or long lost acquantances that could help, please hit me up.

No comments: