Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Fun with monsters and more, form ANARTIST(E)zine. Very nice!

Because you need more distractions in your life.
Mike Servito got me into Friendster a coupled days ago. This is a really well designed service that connects you with your friends, and their friends, and their friends' friends. With detailed profiles and the ability to search people based on interest criteria, it collapses the time involved to create a network of like-minded freaks dramatically. If you're not sure your real world friends are on the service, you can search for their e-mail address. Security seems to be very good, but I have to wonder about the fallout if this collective data were to fall into the hands of the CIA or an advertising agency....

EngramDesign.com and Burnlab.net have had very heavy traffic the past 24 hours or so from AvantGo users: apparently a PDA-based web service. This is the first I've heard of it, and am just curious about the origin of the increased traffic. The only three things I can think of are 1) something to do with the above post, 2) a project for Invisible Records I'll talk about later, and 3) Richard Perle is preparing to sue me for blaming him for yesterday's snowstorm. Drop me a note: Mike@Burnlab.net

No comments: