Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Project Rebirth chronicles the rebirth of Ground Zero with video, journals, images, interviews, background info and a time-lapse film that is being shot from six cameras over the course of ten years. An extraordinary project documented on a beautiful website.

On the subject, I don't think I've mentioned here an experience we had in New York a few weeks back. After visiting the new PATH station at the World Trade Center site, Shannon and I wandered over to the Skyscraper Museum. The small museum has a nice collection of drawings, models and artifacts from buildings in New York and around world, as expected. What I didn't know is that they have the original model of the WTC that left such a huge impression on me seeing it as a child at my father's office (that would be Yamasaki Associates.) I can't quite express or expect anyone to understand the impact seeing it again had on me, compounded by the still fresh memory of the actual building and its subsequent absence filling the front windows of our former Brooklyn walk-up, but I would encourage everyone to go spend some time with it. That's all.

No comments: