Thursday, October 28, 2004

Our good friend Dan Selzer (New York's favorite DJ's DJ) has a lot of great stuff going on this weekend. If you know Dan, you know he writes long, but brilliant e-mails. I'm particuarly tired, so instead of editing the highlights as usual, I'm just posting the whole damn thing here. Enjoy:

Hello again, hello
Just called to say 'hello'
I couldn't sleep at all tonight
And I know it's late
But I couldn't wait

I want to tell you about a few things. About a few fun-time parties I'm involved with this weekend of Hallowe's Eve. Also about some record label style activity.

Hello, my friend, hello
Just called to let you know
I think about you every night
When I'm here alone
And you're there at home
Hello

first, while I (briefly) have your attention, please visit alldisco.net , the new website about the new monthly party ALLDISCO. It features playlists and mp3 mixes of our first night, and offers the oppurtunity to sign up for the alldisco mailing list, which is highly recommended. I will make sure ALLDISCO® mastermind Jeremy doesn't abuse said list with spam and the selling of your address to questionable marketeers. Please read our usage and privacy policy. Thank you.

Maybe it's been crazy
And maybe I'm to blame
But I put my heart above my head
We've been through it all
And you loved me just the same
And when you're not there
I just need to hear

ALSO, just wanted to let you know that Acute Records ACT007 will be out early in november. The Prefects are Amateur Wankers is already getting amazing press in both the UK and US, being called one of the great lost punk post-punk bands. It's a really fun CD and you should buy it. I NEED your money. Acute Records was also profiled in the NYC issue of XLR8R, will be featured in an upcoming issue of the online mag Dusted Magazine, and will be part of a New York Times article regarding the career of Glenn Branca. And we've got like, 10 CDs planned. Keeping busy.

Hello, my friend, hello
It's good to need you so
It's good to love you like I do
And to feel this way
When I hear you say
Hello

so this weekend I'm taking part in two (2) parties, or as I like to call them, partys. The Warriors party is saturday and Motherfucker is sunday. To view the respective flyers, please visit:

acuterecords.com/halloween.gif

for another take on these parties, please visit my Crazy Rhythms Life Partner Mike's website:

troublemanunlimited.com

yes. Grab Cakes are an actual New York City delicacy. They aren't often on the menu, so the next time you're at one of New York's fine dining establishments, be it Jean Georges, Daniel or the Four Seasons, even if it's not on the menu, just ask for the Grab Cakes. I highly recommend them.

Now here's the deal with the big parties, and no I didn't write either of these party promos, see how concise they are?:

A party of gigantic proportions is looming in the neon underground of New York City. The armies of the night number 100,00; they outnumber the police 5 to 1; and on Saturday, October 30th, they're gathering at The Warriors Halloween Party at Supreme Trading.

THE WARRIORS HALLOWEEN PARTY
Saturday, October 30th
Supreme Trading
8000 square foot warehouse venue
213 North 8th Street (Roebling/Driggs)
Williamsburg, Brooklyn
10PM - 4AM
OPEN BAR 10-11
$10 rsvp to: warriorshalloween@yahoo.com
$14 at door

DJ AFRIKA BAMBAATAA
Tim Sweeney (DFA / Beats in Space)
Dan Selzer & Mike Simonetti (Crazy Rhythms)
Matt B. Safer (The Rapture)
Cat Hartwell (Fannypack)
Ilirjana (Vice / The Pop Manifesto)
Phil-Two (Fagtronix / Bad Mixing)

COME IN A GROUP OF FRIENDS, DRESSED AS YOUR OWN GANG, WITH YOUR OWN
DISTINCT STYLE AND NAME.



AND NOW FOR MOTHERFUCKER!



this from one of the motherfucker promoters:

Also THE Halloween club night to be at!!!


Motherfucker is being thrown at SPIRIT again.. for those of u who missed the Anniversary party it was one of the BEST MOFO's I've been to yet.. so I'm excited that they are returning to that killer space… so here it is.. as always.. this is pretty advanced notice.. it would be nice if people who wanted to get on my list would email me sooner then later rather then waiting for the day of the event to get on the reduced list…..

Here we go!

MOTHERFUCKER HALLOWEEN EVENT!!
Michael T., Justine D., Johnny T., & Georgie Seville Present::
MOTHERFUCKER – Halloween Creepshow! - Sunday OCT 31st

Main Floor DJ's
Michael "Ghoul" T
Justine "Satanica" D
Dave "Goblin Boy" P

Put a Spell on you Spinning:
Possessed Rock N Roll, Puke Green Punk, Nosferatu New Wave & Devilish Disco!

Upstairs in the Beelzebub's Lounge:
Tommie "Dr. Cyclops" Sunshine (XJR, Gigolo, NYC)
(Crazy Rythmes) Dan "The Terror" Selzer"
and Mike "The Maniac" Simonetti
Spin: Post Exorcist Punk & Nu Wave Monster House!

In the Witches & Warlocks Lair:
"Spooky" Smallchange
"The Butcher" Dirty Dan
Spin: Raw… Gut Wrenching Soul, Ghostly Garage & Voodoo-Billy!

Masters of Horros
Linda Simpson & Theo
Scare the hairspray out of you!

Stroke of Mid-Night Performance by:
The Undead Fuckers!

Hellacious Fire Show
By Ted-E @ 1:30am

Burn in Hell with Head Promosexual
Ron "Armageddon" M

Grey Goose OPEN VODKA BAR 10-11pm

Give-a-ways from Tony @ Tina, Auto Lux & PM

Transtesticle b-day bash for MS Mudhoney

Late-Nite B-Movie COSTUME CONTEST

@ SPIRIT
530 W. 27th St (btwn 10/11th Ave)

Countess Thomas Unlocks the Castle Gates @10pm
Trolls pay $10 bucks b4 11pm w/ Invite $15 after 11pm

(Or Simply mention ure on Daniel/DRG's Reduced! Get on my reduced list! Email me!
daniel@fortifiedwithsugar.com and BETTER STILL when ure on the reduced list u get to go
on the List Line.. MUCH quicker!)

Suckers w/ No invite and No List who can't even remember my name pay $20 all Nite!

18 to feast/21 to drink .. Any age to DIE!

Dress Code: Early 80's slasher Victim, Disco Zombie, Blond Drenched Prom Queen, Devils
in white "tails" or Blue Dress. Wheelchair bound killy trannies!

motherfuckernyc.com

Hello, my friend, hello
Just called to let you know
I think about you every night
And I know it's late
But I couldn't wait
Hello

thank you neil diamond for the lyrical interludes.

good night and much love,

dan selzer


I'm off the bed. Cheers.

No comments: