Monday, December 20, 2004

As mentioned previously, I give the other editors here at the Lab a lot of grief for Blogging under the influence, so I may delete this later under wiser circumstances. If you're looking for design links, skip along to the next post please.

I spent several hours on the phone tonight with one of the finest friends anyone could hope to have, the always wonderful Professor Theakston, my number one partner in schemes Jon Ozias, and the lady who's been keeping me sane the past several weeks. I don't want to turn this into some kind of Live Journal type post, but if anyone cares, I feel obliged to list the reasons I may have been cryptic or symbolic and manic with posting over that past five or six weeks.

1) Getting divorced always sucks, but it's as amicable as possible, and I'm totally excited that Mrs. D will be able to make her mark on the world in her own way. Shannon is a truly amazing person who gets all my love and support in all her ventures.

2) Having to move right now is a particular pain in the ass (and completely unrelated to item one,) but definitely in the best interest of everyone. Ferndale, here I come... if all goes as planned.

3) Anyone who has been involved in the Detroit Auto Show knows this is the crunch time, plus I've taken on additional make or break responsibilities in my career. Work is at the most intense point its been in recent memory - which I'm doing my best to focus on in context of everything else. The opportunities to work with people such Emin and Ivana at Clear Magazine and Beverly Tang are nothing short of extraordinary.

4) I know I've developed a reputation as a bit of an instigator of people behaving in an overly revelrous manner, which is a responsibility I vow to stick to as cofounder of Dorkwave, but have pulled back from in a significant way as far as direct participation. Time to grow up (the other 30 days of each month at least...)

5) Something about being emotionally open.

6) I'm currently co-curating one of the most exciting art exhibits Detroit has seen in some time with Burnlab and CAID conspirator Andy Malone. 'The Other Auto Show' will be opening in tandem with the NAIAS, and will feature the broadest spectrum of Detroit artists possibly ever seen, including Brian Kritzman, Tyree Guyton, Mark Dancey, Ron Zakrin and many more well established and up-and-coming artists interpreting automobile culture in the Motor City. The exhibit open January 15 (my birthday)... stay tuned for details.

7) Connecting with the second great love of my life, after knowing her for twelve years, is simultaneously totally unexpected, strange, and as perfect and wonderful as could be imagined.

Back your normally scheduled program.

cheers

No comments: