Monday, July 09, 2007

Good gracious, it's been a while since I posted here. Bethany and I have been out of town a lot: Toronto last weekend and Connecticut the past several days. Huge thanks to Cowboy Mark, Lisa Hsu, Phoenix Perry and Brian Jackson for trekking up to Fairfield on the Metro North for the weekend, and to Mrs. Shorb for pulling strings to get a fireworks display on the beach for our engagement party! (Maybe it was a coincidence, but we'll take it.)

There's lots to blog about, but I'm not terribly inspired to write at the moment. Instead, I'm going to direct you toward Dark Roasted Blend, which is 10X cooler than Coolhunting. If that's not enough to keep you occupied, check out Accent Feed, which is (as far as I can tell) the best blog coming out of in San Diego.

For those who've been trying to find recent archives, the new version of Blogger does not (and apparently can not) post previous months set in the ancient template we're using here at the Lab. Until I redesign the site with current templates (pain in the ass - thanks, Google!) here is where you can find the last few months since the switchover to Blogger 2.0 back in April:
April '07
May '07
June '07

And I haven't forgotten - Part 2 on Luigi Russolo is still coming.

Also, for those who've been asking, I've decided that Burnlab will never be RSS. The main reason is that I like to edit posts multiple times and don't want my first drafts being archived out on the interwebs. We are a "web site." I'm still not totally comfortable with Burnlab being called a "blog", let alone anything more more ephemeral. As much as this site can be about current fashions and momentary whims, it is really about documenting this slice of time we live in. I would like to think of Burnlab as the Trinity College Library for all the whacky stuff our readers are interested in. I'm a documentation freak, and Burnlab has replaced all my scrapbooks as a depository for both personal and cultural engrams - certainly not just for me, but for all of our contributors and readers. For all those who say "live in the moment," I disagree wholeheartedly and say, "define the future and write history in the process."

cheers

No comments: