Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'll show you the wolrd if you tell me your name

My friend Jeremy lent me the Mute: Tonal Evidence compilation in 1991, which was as 'bout as good a companion to the era as one could hope for and the beginning of my obsession with all things related to Daniel Miller's Mute label. The track I practically wore through was Million Headed Monster:


I Start Counting - Million Headed Monster [1989]

Also from Tonal Evidence:


Wire - Drill [1987] [This clip from the Late Show is great not only for the performance, but Suzanne Somers' surprisingly awesome outfit.]


Renegade Soundwave - Biting My Nails [1988]


Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - The Ship Song [1990]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Million Headed Monster sounds like a track from the first Pet Shop Boys album (which will always be my fave), and looks like it was produced 5 minutes ago.