Sunday, December 14, 2003

this week's scoop:

So as rumor has it, I'm moving to Detroit as early as January 4th. The paperwork won't be finalized until x-mas week, but I wanted to get the info out now as Magda's NYE party at 59 Canal will double as my NYC going away party. We'd love to see everyone there. Great music, great people and plenty of bad behavior. I'll be back east at least once a month. Given my usual travel schedule, few should notice the difference. ;)

Saturday evening was a superb NYC/Detroit experience. Starting with the best ADULT. performance I've seen yet. Every day that passes Adam and Nicola seem to get darker and weeeeeiiiiirder... and better. The new songs are killing me. This was followed with fellow Motown ex-pat Jon Santos (tha Killah from Manilla) facing off in an impromptu freestyle rap battle in a stairwell at Tonic. Hard to really explain, but quite awesome. Santos rules.

Ah... NYC would not be what it is without the influence of Detroiters, yet Detroit is certainly not NYC. Wish me luck (please.) Lots of new projects and adventures are in the works, including Les Infants Terribles - tentative name for Burnlab's monthly postpunk/industrial/electro night in D-town, in association with Blackbx and R. Theakston Heavy Industries. Venue TBD, but impact is eminent January 2004.
All for now.


Burnlab: You are repressed, but you're remarkably dressed.�

No comments: