Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I hope you're not all sick of hearing about Saturday night quite yet, because the reviews are still flowing in. Uncle Grambo makes us blush:

Without getting too sentimental, it's been really amazing to witness the fruits of your friends' labour pay off in spades. I'm cognizant of the fact that I'm mixing metaphors, but please bear with me. There's only one word to describe when an idea ("Let's throw a dance party!") that is so pure and honest and uncalculated and unmotivated by money or success or fame (in spite of the calvacade of press the boys generated last week) comes to fruition with such abundant success, cheesy as it might sound. And that word, my friends, is PRICELESS (thank you, Billy Crudup). While multiple members of the Dorkwave entourage expressed fears to your Uncle Grambo that their 15 minutes was running out (that's a normal reaction to being interviewed by Lee Thomas), this observer thinks EVERYONE who attended the L.I.T. First Anniversary Bash will always remember the events of Saturday, April 16, 2005 with fondness and wonderment. Sweat stains be damned.

No comments: