Saturday, September 29, 2007

Things that are good:

1) Sleeping in this morning.
I've been working and traveling so much, I can't remember the last time I did that. I think my body is finally caught up from jet-lag... for now.

2) Ronin
Best new sushi place in the Detroit area since Olso. Not a surprise, as Kaku Usui is the head sushi chef. The interior is great, the food is among the best I've tasted, and they have fresh wasabi rhizome. I'm totally spoiled now and can't eat the green paste stuff anymore.

3) Frank Oz's new movie Death at a Funeral.
Who would have though that the voice of Cookie Monster and Bert could create such a delightful British comedy about death, drugs and gay dwarves? Going to see this with a funeral director didn't hurt, and the opening titles are also quite excellent.

No comments: