Thursday, November 13, 2008

Interim post: Sorry I haven't been writing much about design, art or music the past few days. Honestly, it's just not been of much interest to me, considering the big picture issues in society and culture right now. Rest assured, we'll get back on mission soon. [Thanks to Devan for posting some art this week!]

I have an inbox full of probably good stuff that's getting neglected, and I feel bad about that. If you have some creative output to send, best to wait a couple weeks. I think I need to get back to basics to get inspired.

Speaking of getting back to basics, I'm loving Mr' Sterling's Futurist manifesto postings. The Manifesto of Futurist Woman is a brilliant retort to F. T. Marinetti's original manifesto:

Humanity is mediocre. The majority of women are neither superior nor inferior to the majority of men. They are all equal. They all merit the same scorn.

The whole of humanity has never been anything but the terrain of culture, source of the geniuses and heroes of both sexes. But in humanity as in nature there are some moments more propitious for such a flowering. In the summers of humanity, when the terrain is burned by the sun, geniuses and heroes abound...

1 comment:

Jakob Bak said...

Though this probably say more about my lack of knowledge in art history, I initially read your posting as Mr. Sterling having written the manifesto.
As the author seems like quite an interesting character it might be worth putting her name in the post.