Thursday, April 15, 2004

Has there been a better complete album than The Downward Spiral released since 1993? I really don't think so. OK Computer was a good record, but I can't thnik of anything else that came remotely close. I'll admit that The Fragile sucked as a whole, but so did Kid A (yeah, I get a lot of flame for that opinion form people I have great deal of respect for, but I really hate that album - sorry.) Anyway, if any music producers can think of a better LP than TDS released in the past 11 years, I want to to hear it. Seriously. So good. It's up there with The Wall and Tommy and The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardsut and Loveless. (Screw Pitchfork.)

That aside, I think I'm going to play nothing but Brainiac and [early] Thrill Kill Kult on Friday. Probably won't stick to that, but those are two incredibly underrated bands that deserve the attention Dorkwave offers.

Speaking of, all you Dorkwavers missed a superb set from Mr. Ozias last night at The Necto in Ann Arbor. Chaka Kahn meets Tamion 12 Inch, meets KLF meets LCD Soundsystem. Awesome!

No comments: