Thursday, March 02, 2006

Last night's Dorkwave party to kick off the Metro Times Blowout was much fun. I also learned a few important things:

1.) I have absolutely zero patience for ironic music.

2.) No matter how well you plan and pace, people will always buy you shots when you're throwing a dance party, and it will always hurt in the morning.

3.) #2 combined with #1 can sometimes make me a mouthy asshole who blows amps with industrial music to cleanse my ears of said ironic disco. Sorry.

4.) I have the honor of working with some of the best people in the whole world. (That one I knew, but I'm still impressed every single time.)

In it's ninth year, the Metro Times Blowout features over 200 Detroit area bands at 20 venues over the next three days, and is the largest local music festival in the United States. Check here for articles on some of the other excellent featured artists.

No comments: