Friday, January 09, 2009

The Dullest Blog in the World

Ann Althouse asks us to remember The Dullest Blog in the World.
A couple examples:

Looking at my watch
I was busy doing some things and began to wonder how much time had elapsed. I glanced at my watch and saw the time displayed, thus providing an answer to my question.

Pulling my chair a few inches towards the table
I was sitting at the table and realised that I would be more comfortable if my chair was a couple of inches nearer to the table. I moved the chair forward slightly, thus lessening the gap between me and the table. I was then able to continue what I was doing in greater comfort.


Althouse then muses:
Now, that was fascinatingly hilarious back then. Today, does the humor even register? It looks like Twitter!

There's this odd phenomenon where the things that were once the most serious become jokes and funny stuff from the past somehow becomes the grim norm.

No comments: