Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Busted yet another personal cherry last night by playing my first set on the radio. The lovely Kate Simko invited me to her weekly program on Chicago's great bastion of underground techno broadcasting, WNUR. The station also features weekly shows by Dr. Dave Siska, Ph.D., and 313 mainstay Matt McQueen. Definately a stream worth checking.

Currently assembling the ultimate roadtrip albums for my upcoming cross country trek to Los Angeles. I had every intention of waiting until Utah- but I had to listen to Depeche Mode's cover of "Route 66".

Now I'm enjoying the new Chicken Lips DJ-Kicks CD- although the annoying anti-priracy protection meant actually digging out an old CD player and connecting it to the stereo. But its worth it as the "disco dub" is perfect listening material while reading issue 2 of America's new greatest experimental music rag- e|i. Again, the wicked Red Antenna made this the best lookin' publication around, and I got to really stretch out the old reviewer's muscle by writing up two of this year's best albums- Ellen Allien- Berlinette and Dinky- Black Caberet. If you don't have both of these albums on multiple formats, you a seriously f**king up.

No comments: