Tuesday, August 02, 2005

For those of us on the bunk side of the pond, the time is upon us to begin making plans to attend this years Ars Electronica Festival. I'm way too lazy to tell you about it myself, so I'm gunna Ctrl+V it.

Since 1979, Ars Electronica has been dedicated to the critical discussion of and reflection upon media culture. With its focal point situated at the intersection of art, technology and society, it is above all the endeavor to nurture up-close-and-personal encounters involving artists, designers, philosophers, sociologists, engineers and scientists from all over the world that endow the Festival with its very special character.
This is not solely a matter of the computer as an artistic medium but, above all, of testing how new ideas that are emerging from artistic practice can be applied to science and society in an effort to influence the way in which new technologies are developed, designed and utilized.

- Gerfried Stocker, Christine Schöpf (Directors Ars Electronica)



I really want to go, but I probably wont. Ironic I'm afraid to leave Detroit? Yeah. But if you do go, I've electronically made my propaganda more visible than a 7 mile prostitute, so keep an eye out for it.

No comments: