Friday, March 28, 2008

Sound Taste of Silver

I haven't had tonsillitis is nearly twenty years, but got a mega-wicked case of it this week. (You don't realize how many times you swallow during the course of the day until if feels like someone is jabbing a screwdriver in the back of your throat every time you do.) The one treatment that actually works is ionic silver, which - I learned yesterday - is used as a hospital antiseptic to kill both viruses and bacteria, as well as to soothe burns. Although mostly non-toxic, prolonged ingestion of silver can cause argyria, which can leave you looking like this. I'm just going to trust that my 2 oz. bottle throat spray won't turn me into a Smurf.

No comments: